Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Blonde Fellow in Lennie's Photo Album Is a Good-Looking Dude



Today I will not type any of Lennie's words. Instead I'm showing you a series of photos of one of his friends. I'm intrigued by these photos and wish Lennie had put names beside each thumbnail print.



Who is this young blonde fellow? I haven't a clue but he appears to be a nice young man. (You can click for a closer view.)



These four photos were scattered throughout Lennie's little pocket-size photo album. I didn't realize there were four until I began scanning and sorting them into folders.




I hope that someone who is familiar with the photography of 1898 will tell me whether it was a common thing to print thumb-size photos. Lennie was a photographer. Perhaps he photographed his friend? Or are these professional photos?
.
.
.
.
Many of Lennie's friends posed in similar fashion. Reading a letter. Leaning back with arms behind the head. Seated in a relaxed manner looking straight into the camera.




When I look around me today, and see the kind of clothing we wear, the sweats and pajamas, I'm thinking Lennie and his friends had a fine sense of style in those days. Perhaps their closet contained only a single suit and a couple pair of trousers and shirts, but they surely knew how to dress up spiffy.




If there are readers from Wakefield, Nebraska, who can identify this man, please do leave a comment.




.

2 comments:

  1. He *is* pretty fine looking - too bad I'm over a hundred years too late - he would be worth moving to Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forwarded the pics to my parents - maybe he looks like one of his descendants today.

    scott

    ReplyDelete